A variety of graduating classes were represented at the Mid-Prairie Alumni & Friends Association organizational meeting in November 2017.
Front row L to R: Cindy Marner '76, Hanna McDowell '03, Stacey Beeler '07, Sarah Huston '00, Danielle Johnson '05 Second Row: Sue Schweinfurth '81, Brittnee Schneider '10, Tara Horesowsky '10, Mitch Billups '02, Claudia Bishop '67, Kari Harland '97, Heather Trimpe '98, Doug Slaubaugh '63 Back Row: Terry Mangold '65, Tom Duwa '73, Rob Stout '74, Jack Seward '74, Glenda Seward '74, Katie Miller '01, Jeremiah Gingerich '96, Kent Karnes and Greg Gent '82. Not pictured: Jeremy Statler '90, Dale Stout '62, Lola McAndrew '75 and Cheryl Miller '66.
MP Alumni & Friends Association
The Mid-Prairie Foundation was organized in 1987 to create a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization which allows gifts provided to support the school to be tax exempt. Some of the projects currently supported by the Foundation are:
• Awarding endowed scholarships to seniors
• Feed the Kids Program
• Fund for Academic Excellence
• WCRF Grants
• MP Indoor Facility Project
• Teacher Recognition
• Future School Auditorium
• School Assemblies
• Establishing a MP Alumni Association
• Dollars for Scholars Affiliation
A brochure with more specific information about the MP Foundation can be downloaded.
The Foundation has grown to the point where organizing an alumni association would help us do a better job of networking with more alumni. The alumni association would focus specifically on supporting alumni related activities. Activities that have been discussed in our initial meetings include:
• Receiving newsletters with a variety of articles, notices and updates about alumni
• Provide assistance in organizing five year class reunions
• Support in maintaining a database through feedback from newsletters
• Work with MP Foundation to organize all school reunions and honor alumni for outstanding achievements in a variety of areas.
• Provide an opportunity to work with the school board and MP Foundation to support and promote excellence in education at Mid-Prairie Schools
The Mid-Prairie Foundation welcomes the newly formed Alumni & Friends Association and looks forward to working together on promoting pride and educational excellence with our schools as well as celebrating the achievements of our alumni.